NFL is among the most demanding sports in the world. That is a high-impact sport that put a lot of strain top top the players’ bodies. Follow to Statista, the mean NFL career is simply 4.44 years for Quarterbacks. ~ that, many players feel spent and also wish to carry out something else.
However, there are constantly those few brave people who space willing to danger a bit more in stimulate to become legends. Those room the type of players we space talking about today — the 11 NFL players through the longest careers ever.
Most of this men have spent an ext than 20 periods in the sport, several of them even more than 25. Let’s inspect out that they are, exactly how they managed to do it, and what their best contributions come the sports were.
You are watching: How long is the average nfl career
Longest NFL careers:
1. George Blanda — 26 periods
2. Morten Andersen — 25 periods
3. Adam Vinatieri — 24 periods
4. Gary Anderson — 23 periods
5. John Carney — 23 periods (Tied)
6. Jeff Feagles — 22 seasons
7. Jason Hanson — 21 seasons
8. Darrell environment-friendly — 20 periods
9. Jackie Slater — 20 seasons (Tied)
10. Phil Dawson — 20 seasons (Tied)
11. Tom Brady — 19 periods
Longest NFL careers:
1. George Blanda – 26 seasons2. Morten Andersen – 25 seasons3. Adam Vinatieri – 24 seasons4. Gary Anderson – 23 seasons5. man Carney – 23 seasons6. Jeff Feagles – 22 seasons7. Jason Hanson – 21 seasons8. Darrell eco-friendly – 20 seasons9. Jackie Slater – 20 seasons10. Phil Dawson – 19 seasons11. Tom Brady – 19 seasons
1. George Blanda — 26 Seasons
(Source: pro Football Reference)
Tom Brady is 41 years old at the moment, which provides him a couple of more years in the league to break a few more records. At the moment, he has been in the league for a complete of 19 seasons and also currently theatre for new England Patriots. It is the same team whereby he began his fruitful career in 2000.
Brady is still not the oldest NFL quarterback, but he is already hailed together the ideal one the organization has ever before seen. Who knows what that will accomplish in the years to come.
One of the facts that tell us around the prowess the Tom Brady is that he was preferred to it is in the captain of the team every year due to the fact that 2002. Therefore far, the has damaged and collection many records, consisting of achieving 203 regular-season wins.
Apart native that, Brady is the an initial quarterback ever to lead his team to 5 Super bowl wins. That has also appeared in seven Super Bowls total and has earned 4 Super key MVP awards.
As you have the right to see, the median NFL career is complete of surprises, achievements, and victories. Above, we have actually 11 football player who have actually done much more than that. Lock have broken numerous records, set new standards, and also moved the limits of what is and also isn’t possible in the NFL.
See more: How Many Calories In Starbucks Sausage Egg And Cheese, Calories In Starbucks Sausage
Long NFL careers come with many sacrifices, injuries, and also sometimes life-long consequences. However, all of these players will be remembered together legends and enter the NFL room of Fame.
What carry out you think about these names? does the list encompass your favourite player? allow us recognize in the comments below.
1. Pro Football Reference2. Profootballhoff3. NFL4. ESPN5. Agree Football Reference6. FootballDB7. Rotoworld8. NFL9. Profootballhoff10. Foxsports11. Sporting activities Illustrated